How to download YouTube video on android without app
A lot of people have watched YouTube videos and would like to have it on their phone for later but couldn’t quite find a way to do it without installing additional software.
It is said that over 40 billion videos are being watched every day across the world by over 1 billion people. YouTube is the second biggest search engine after Google. Over 300 hours videos are being uploaded every minute.
These over one billion people would love to download these videos to limit their data usage because they might want to watch again but YouTube does not allow people to download videos to phone. Although you can download and save videos on YouTube app, but you can not access it in your phone gallery. You can not transfer to your friends or family. Videos can easily be lost.
Well, there’s a good news : I will be walking you through different methods which you can use to download YouTube videos for free on your Android phone.
These five methods are just so easy to execute and they get the job done easily without any hassle.
HD, 3gp, mp4. Just name the format and you will be able to download it for free by just following quick and easy steps.
There are millions of videos on YouTube and thousands are getting uploaded daily. Videos on tutorials, comedies, music, pranks, video games and bunch more.
Watching all this over and over online can have a negative effect on your Internet data usage. When you stream a tutorial video that lasts 3 hours or more, surely you’d want to go back to it so you could watch again and understand it even better.
So what would you do? Go back to Streaming a 3-hour-tutorial video again, online!
There’s a good news and it is that you don’t have to do that. You can just download the video for offline use without installing any additional application on your Android phone. You will have much freedom and time to watch and understand.
This is not only about video tutorials. The video does not have to be long or be about tutorials before you can download it. Maybe you watch a prank video or a comedy video on YouTube and you’d love to show your friends, you can always download.
How to download YouTube videos without app
This is one of the oldest and the fastest method to download YouTube videos for free. You get to choose the format you want it. Maybe 3GP or MP4 and a whole lot more formats.
Savefrom is not a software or app, it’s just a website where you will download your favourite videos. And no, you don’t have to go to the website to download your movies.
It’s just like watching videos on YouTube with the normal procedures, but this time not on your YouTube app on mobile but on browsers like Chrome, Firefox, UC Browser or Opera.
How to use Savefrom to download YouTube videos
– Go to your mobile browser and go to YouTube.
– Search and select the video you want to download. Make sure to pause the video after selecting it.
– Then head over to the video URL and edit it. By editing it, I mean you should add these two letters ‘ss’ just before YouTube in the URL and click on search.
– You’ll be taking to a new page where you will be able to choose the format you want your video to be.
– After selecting the format, if you’re on Opera Mini, a pop up will show asking if you want to download or play video. Click on download and wait for your video to download.
VDYouTube is another website that lets you download YouTube videos for free. The steps are just as easy as the ones we discussed in savefrom. This can be done on your mobile browser.
VDYouTube gives you the options to download any video in many formats. Actually, more formats than Savefrom.net. You can download HD, Mp4, 3GP, Webm and even download without audio (No sound).
How to use VDYouTube to download YouTube videos
– Go to YouTube website from your browser (mobile browser).
– Search for the video you’re interested in downloading and select it.
– after playing for some seconds, pause the video.
– Head over to the URL and add “vd” just right before YouTube and click “Okay” or “Search” or “Go“. If you’re on computer, just press “Enter” to take you to a new page where you’ll be downloading your video.
– On arriving at the new page, you’ll be shown different formats in which the video can be downloaded. Click download at the right hand side of your preferred format.
– If you’re on Opera Mini, a pop up will come up asking you if you want to download or play. Just click download.
– Go to YouTube website on your browser and select the video you’d like to download.
– Head over to the URL and copy it.
– Open another tab on your browser and to vdYouTube.
– Past the copied URL in the box provided above that says ” search video or type URL” and click “GO”.
– Stroll down a bit to see the video in different formats and click “Download” at the right hand side of your preferred format.
– If you’re on Opera Mini, a pop up will appear asking if you want to download or play. Just click download.
3. YouTube video download option
Okay, you must have been familiar with this if you watch YouTube videos a lot. This is just a way to download YouTube videos directly to your YouTube gallery for offline uses.
You should note that you won’t find these videos in your phone gallery even though it will be downloaded in your phone storage. You should also note that these videos could be lost easily so you should be careful.
How to use YouTube video download option
– Go to your mobile YouTube app. You can also do this on your mobile browsers. Make sure you’re logged into your Gmail account where the video will be saved.
– Go to settings to select what format you’d want all your videos to be downloaded. Maybe 3GP or MP4.
– Search and select the video you want to download. Pause the video and look for the download icon and click it.
– Go to options and look for ‘downloads’ to access you downloaded videos.
Note 1 : You will not have access to your downloaded videos if you’re not logged in to your Gmail account to which your videos are downloaded.
Note 2 : All these videos will only be accessible to you on YouTube app or the YouTube website from browsers. These videos cannot be accessed via your phone gallery.
Here is another one of the most popular websites where you can download YouTube videos for free with easy short steps. It’s a bit different from Savefrom and VDYouTube. The actions will take place in your mobile browser.
How to use keepvid to download YouTube videos
– Go to your phone browser and search for the video you’d like to download.
– Head over to the URL and copy it.
– Open another tab on your browser and go to Keepvid.
– Paste the copied URL in the box provided right at the top of the page that says ” enter the link of the video you want to download” and click “Download”.
– You’ll be given option to choose a format you’d like to download. Click “download” on your preferred format.
Using save-video to download YouTube videos will require you to use the word “magic” in between “You” and “Tube” in the URL. This is also one of the numerous methods to download videos from YouTube.
I remember seeing this on many viral posts on Facebook. Tons of people making this known to thousands of people.
How to download YouTube videos with Save-video
– Like the rest, go to YouTube and search for the video you want to download and select it.
– Pause it from playing and head over to the URL, in between “You” and “Tube”, add the word “Magic” and click “OK” or “Go” or “search”.
-You will be taken to a new web page. Click download.
– Different formats will be shown. Just select the format you want and download.
Pros of downloading YouTube videos
1. It gives you the opportunity to access YouTube videos without connecting to Internet.
2. Allows you to share video with friends and families.
3. Gives you enough freedom and time on each video. You can forward or backward it, you can pause it. You can’t start over and over again just so you understand the video without burning too much internet data.
4. Allows you to download videos that can’t be downloaded elsewhere on the Internet. YouTube has millions of videos which you won’t see anywhere else on the Internet. Like jokes, pranks, tutorials – all these are very limited on websites because most websites only upload old and latest movies.
Cons of downloading YouTube videos
1. Takes a lot of space on your phone storage. Especially if you you’re downloading MP4 or HD videos, you’ll have to provide large storage space on your phone.
2. Uses a lot of Internet data while downloading. Downloading HD videos will require several gigabytes.
3. Downloading videos with YouTube downloading option is not the best option because the files could be lost easily. Videos can’t be accessed via phone gallery.
4. YouTube says that if your phone is not connected to Internet for 29 days, your videos will be lost. Which means even if you’re connected to Internet but logged out of your Gmail account where your videos are downloaded for more than 29 days, the files will be lost.
We previously published a post on how to download Instagram pictures, you can check it out.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below.